Keeping your kids entertained while you’re on a well-deserved holiday can be quite a challenge. You don’t want your kids nagging and driving you crazy while you look at spending some quality time with your partner.
Bali certainly has no shortage of kid-friendly activities for your little one’s fun and amusement and you need not worry about additional stress while holidaying in Bali.
Here’s a list of top activities for kids in Bali:
1. Get your kids addicted to water at Waterbom Bali – this is a great must-do if your kids love splashing around in water to beat the summer heat! Waterbom is a tropical garden with great rides and attractions for the young and young at heart! This park is perfect for a family day out with your kiddies. Let your children enjoy the thrilling water slides and kiddy pools while you relax sipping a blend of tropical cocktails at their swim-up bar.
Mums – get yourself pampered with a massage or a fish spa therapy at the spa in Waterbom park!
2. Monkeying around in the Monkey Forest in Ubud – if your kids love monkeying around, they will surely love the Monkey Forest in Ubud – a sacred home to more than 600 macaques. The kids will love watching the monkeys climbing, playing and swinging on trees. Buy some bananas and let your kids feed the baby monkeys with their own hands.
A word of caution – avoid taking your valuables since the monkeys are mischief-makers and they will jump at flashy cameras and other valuables.
3. Make new friends at Bali Safari Marine Park – a home to hundreds of animals, this is a family attraction you can’t miss! With an elephant back safari, a dolphin show, cultural shows and a wild dining restaurant surrounded by lions, meerkats and porcupines, your darling toddlers are sure to have a great time that combines education with recreation.
What’s more? This place has its own water park and fun zone if you have some more time in hand after your interaction with animals is over.
4. Fun activities at the Cubby House Kids Club, Seminyak – every parent knows that when traveling with children, keeping them occupied is the key to ensuring the entire family has a great time. The Cubby House Kids Club is a good option if you’re in Seminyak.
This kids club located in the Semara Resort and Spa is open to visitors and not only hotel guests. It has a huge range of toys and educational activities to keep your kid entertained for hours, leaving you to spend some quality time by yourself.
They have professional child caretakers and you can be rest assured that your kid will be occupied with a painting activity, video games, a dressing class or even a doll tea party!
5. Swim with Dolphins at Melka Hotel in Lovina – let your kids experience the thrill and joy of interacting with friendly dolphins at the Melka hotel in Lovina. Your kids’ fascination level will reach its peak as they swim and play with the dolphins. These friendly creatures will amaze your kids with their tricks, intelligence and welcoming behavior.
Make sure you click plenty of photographs to take back some beautiful memories of dolphins.
6. Water Sports on the Beach – while you’re on a relaxing holiday, children can take beginner surfing lessons by enrolling them at a surfing school in Bali. Kids around the age of 8 and above can learn to surf in Kuta or Legian where the waves are suitable for beginner lessons.
Children above eight can also learn the basics of scuba diving and experience Bali’s waters with a whole new world of aquatic creatures teeming around the shores of Bali. The diving conditions are good all year round and are perfect for kids to take their first plunge.
The Rip Curl School of Surf in Sanur offers a range of activities that you can enjoy with children – wakeboarding, kayaking, stand up paddle boat and more.
7. Swing like Tarzan at Bali Treetop – if you have kids like Tarzan and Jane, then this zip lining park will surely excite your little adrenaline junkies!
The Bali Treetop is an adventure park for groups and families set in the beautiful Botanical Gardens of Bedugul. This park with Tarzan swings, zip wires and aerial nets offers introductory circuits for younger children as well as an adrenaline circuit for the older ones.
8. Stay in a Child-friendly Villa – here’s one last tip for you to enjoy luxurious privacy with your special one – instead of booking a hotel, book a child-friendly villa that caters to an extensive range of kids’ activities and outdoor trips.
The kids can have a room to themselves as well as enjoy some games in the kids club. Some of the villas have babysitters who will delightfully entertain your little ones while you sip cocktails by the poolside.